Friday 18 December 2015

First ever MAC purchases


I was never really into the whole MAC makeup hype at first and just though they were a little over rated and i would rather stick to my drugstore lipsticks that are just as good, which i still do, don't get me wrong, but there's just something so nice about having a MAC product in your collection, or several, you know what ever floats your boat. The more makeup the better in my opinion!!


Starting with Modesty (on the left) which is a creme sheen finish, meaning it leaves a very nice satin finish on the lips. It's quite a pinky brown nude which i feel complements any skin tone amazingly and is easily paired with a smoky eye or even a very neutral basic makeup look. Nudes lipsticks in general are great to have in your stash as they are almost always fault free, and can easily pull together your look.
Syrup (in the middle) is a lustre finish so it's quite a sheer color, but still adds a little something to the lips and is probably why i reach for it on a daily basis. It has a very silk smooth texture which i am always a fan of and sits really nicely on the lips. In terms of longevity it does need topping up throughout the day because it is so satiny so does tend to fade away, but i don't mind it because i really like the color.
Last up is Mehr (on the end!), the perfect color for this time of year with its reddish brown hues. Although being a matte, i don't find it dries my lips out at all and i do tend to have quite dry lips, and it's also surprisingly quite moisturizing and very easy to put on as it doesn't tug and glides on effortlessly, and being a matte it lasts pretty well. I quite like to pair this with my everyday makeup to just add a little something. Very very nice!

I really don't think the swatches of the lip products do them much justice, so i recommend you go to a MAC counter and check them out because after all it is all about personal preference!


And here we have MACs infamous soft and gentle highlight, which i tell you, is all worth the hype in my opinion! So unbelievably pigmented that even one swipe will give you that fleeky highlight! So beautiful and not chunky or glittery in the slightest. I myself am a highlight fiend so i put this on all of the high points of my face which include the tip and bridge of my nose, cheekbones, brow bones, above my eyebrows, on my cupid bow and on my chin! Told you i was a fiend! And you only need a teeny bit of it, so there is not doubt it will last you a pretty darn long time! So the £25.50 payed for this definitely will not be something to regret, and if you are just obsessed with highlight as i am, i would 100% recommend this!


Thank you for reading..
PB xx





No comments:

Post a Comment